This accessibility statement applies to the Colart website:
This website is run by Colart. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible. You can see a full list of any issues we currently know about in the Non-accessible content section of this statement.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
We’ll consider your request and get back to you.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Colart is committed to making its website accessible, and meeting the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
- Some links across the website are not described clearly and use words such as “click here” which are not descriptive. This fails WCAG 2.4.4 Link Purpose (A). We have scheduled content reviews and we are working to fix this issue.
- Some images across the website contain text and many more are not described correctly to screen reader users. This includes things like carousel images and infographics. This fails WCAG 1.1.1 Non-text Content (A) and 1.4.5 Images of Text (AA). We have scheduled content reviews and we are working to fix this issue.
- Video content across the website does not contain appropriate captions or other media alternatives. This fails WCAG 1.2.2 Captions (A), 1.2.3 Audio Descriptions and Media Alternatives (A) and 1.2.5 Audio Descriptions (AA). We have scheduled content reviews and we are working to fix this issue.
- The contact form includes a reCAPTCHA which is not clearly associated for screen reader users. This fails WCAG 1.3.1 Info and Relationships (A) and 2.5.3 Label in Name(A). We are investigating modifications to our code.
- There are various validation issues across the website, which should not affect the user journey but fail WCAG 4.1.1 Parsing (A). We are investigating modifications to our code.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We are scheduling fixes on the issues identified and working with our developers, content editors, and designers to consider accessibility in all new development on our site.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 2 August 2022. It was last reviewed o 2 August 2022.
This website was last tested on 16 January 2022. The test was carried out by All Able Ltd.
A representative sample of pages of the website were tested along with a sample of the documents from each area of the website.